ICED is the premier international forum for sharing evidence-based practice, research and ideas about education of deaf and hard of hearing students.
The 23rd International Congress on the Education of the Deaf 2020 Organising Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work for consideration for presentation.
The official languages of ICED 2020 are English, Australian Sign Language (Auslan) and International Sign Language for presentations and interpreting. Access through real-time captioning in English will also be provided.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Hearing and deafness – audiological and neurological perspectives on development and functioning
- Language and communication development and skills – spoken, sign and written language
- Technology – new developments for identification, access and education
- Education in classrooms, schools and systems
- Early childhood, primary, secondary and post-school education
- Curriculum, instruction, assessment and achievement
- Families, peers and friendship groups
- Parent advocacy, associations and support
- Resilience, wellbeing, self-advocacy and mental health
- Communication access through technology, interpreting, environment and media
- Deafness, disability and diversity in society, law and politics (national and international)
- Specialist teachers – their role, training, continuing education and professional associations
Submit your abstract for consideration
Please read the following submission guidelines carefully. If you have any questions, please contact the Congress Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 23rd International Congress on the Education of the Deaf 2020 Organising Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work for consideration as Plenary Sessions, Concurrent Sessions Presentations or Concurrent Spotlight Presentations.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION KEY DATES
*dates are subject to change
Call for abstracts open
Wednesday, 6 February 2019
Call for abstracts close
Sunday, 6 October 2019
Friday, 13 December 2019
Author registration deadline
Wednesday, 15 January 2020
Program uploaded to website
Wednesday, 29 January 2020
PRESENTATION FORMATS FOR ICED 2020
Plenary Sessions: 45 minutes (please email the Congress Managers if you are interested in presenting a plenary session)
Concurrent Session Presentations: 30 minutes
Concurrent Spotlight Presentations: EPoster or brief video available for viewing by delegates throughout the congress with a scheduled 10-minute presentation
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING AND FORMATTING YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts must be submitted using the eOrganiser text field.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Your abstracts must be print ready.
- Maximum number of words is 500.
- Do not include the title of your abstract or author names and affiliations in the document or keywords (abstract body only). These will be automatically populated on the final abstract document based on the details you entered into the relevant sections in the abstract submission site.
- Use standard abbreviations only. Within the body of the abstract, when using abbreviations spell out the name in full at first mention and follow with the abbreviation in parenthesis. Abbreviations may be used in the title, provided the name in full is outlined in the body of the abstract.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the submission has been approved by all authors.
- The Organising Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submission is a two-step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1: Create an author account
Firstly, you must create an account to upload an abstract. To begin, please click here to access the eOrganiser submission portal. Click the “Create an Author Account” link and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload your submissions.
STEP 2: Submitting your abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click the ‘Submit’ button to access the submission page. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- Indicate your preferred presentation type.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Title’.
- Enter your abstract in the text field.
- Add any additional emails to the email correspondence box (any email addresses entered here will be included in the correspondence emails that are sent to you).
- Enter the name and organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors.
- Ensure you indicate the presenting author(s) for the abstract and include a brief biography, the biography should be no more than 100 words.
GENERAL POLICIES AND REQUIREMENTS
All abstracts must contain original work of the presenting author(s).
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Congress Managers via eOrganiser by Sunday, 6 October 2019.
- Abstracts will not be accepted via fax, email, mail or USB/CD.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- Acceptance of abstracts for presentation at the Congress will be on the basis of committee selection.
- All presenting authors will be required to register and pay for the Congress by the author registration deadline of Wednesday, 15 January 2020 to ensure that their abstract(s) are included in the final program.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- After an author has submitted their abstract, they must check their submission to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly. Authors can check their submission by clicking on the viewing option in the submission form.
- The Congress Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet services outages or other unforeseen events.
Each abstract will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to a Congress.
- Relevance to the professional context of delegates.
- Potential to contribute to the body of knowledge.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by Friday, 13 December 2019. Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Organising Committee whose decision is final. All presenting authors must register and pay to attend the Congress.
Submit your abstract for consideration
Please read the submission guidelines carefully. If you have any questions, please contact the Congress Managers at email@example.com